One of my earliest, and biggest, goal in this life is to be successful enough to be able to help others. As well, maintain one of my company core values as identifying needs in the local community and giving back. Over the years, we have been fortunate enough to sponsor individuals in need, groups with special projects, and fundraisers for larger “big picture” needs. Having the ability is just the start, now the fun can begin.
My vision is to create a company, or companies, that exemplify the power of entrepreneurship and the use of social responsibility in business.
- Promote entrepreneurship, economic, and social development.
- Promote environmental protection and awareness.
- Raise awareness for women fighting for social change.
- Promote programs, scholarships, grants, and other endeavors that seek to inspire women to enter the science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) fields.
Portland State University
- Larry Vockler Scholarship in Chemistry – Funded through ICD High Performance Coatings
- Kris Vockler Scholarship in support of single parent students pursuing degrees in the natural and physical sciences.
Organizations I Promote & Support
World Pulse ~ Global Issues Through The Eyes Of Women - Through our seven founding values, World Pulse has created a network for women, a platform for change, and a sanctuary for those who have been silent. Through our Voices, we are able to create a new world. With Courage we create Possibility. With Beauty we Innovate the world. Through Connections, we Transform our world.
Kiva ~ We are a non-profit organization with a mission to connect people through lending to alleviate poverty. Leveraging the internet and a worldwide network of microfinance institutions, Kiva lets individuals lend as little as $25 to help create opportunity around the world.
Nomad Charities ~ “Nomad Charities is both a registered NGO in Kenya and a registered non-profit in the US that seeks to improve the quality of lives of adults and children who are homeless, exploited and orphaned by the devastation of the HIV/AIDS crisis in Kenya, through programs and services, so that they may realize their full potential in society.”
Kickstarter~ Kickstarter is a new way to fund creative projects. We believe that:
• A good idea, communicated well, can spread fast and wide.
• A large group of people can be a tremendous source of money and encouragement.
Kickstarter is powered by a unique all-or-nothing funding method where projects must be fully-funded or no money changes hands.